Family Programming @TBE
Temple Beth El is proud of its rich family programming and the welcoming group of families that make up our warm and inclusive community. Together, we foster and strengthen our children’s Jewish identities, while spending time with others who share our passion for passing our love of Jewish values and traditions on to our children.
We invite you and your family to join this incredible community here at TBE. While membership is not required for most activities, many families take advantage of the various benefits of TBE membership. All programs are posted regularly on our Facebook page.
Here’s a sampling of our current programs:
- ShaBaBimBam: This Shabbat-themed music and movement program features Music Together’s Natasha Fenster and Steve Epstein. Families celebrate Shabbat in our Clubhouse before enjoying a Kiddush lunch with our congregation. ShaBaBimBam is held twice monthly for an hour, and no RSVP is required to attend. One of our most popular programs, ShaBaBimBam is geared to children ages 5 and under, with siblings welcome!.
- BabyBimBam: TBE’s first program created exclusively for babies 2 and under and their parents. Meet other families, play in a safe space, and all with a Jewish twist. Past events include free play in our Clubhouse, singing together with musical instruments, and stroller walks around town.
- K’tanim: A monthly Sunday drop-off program of TBE’s Religious School for 3 and 4-year-olds for 10 sessions during the school year. Students experience Jewish learning that will last a lifetime, featuring an enriching curriculum that integrates principles of STEAM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) with Jewish holidays, stories, blessings, values, and rituals. Children experience Judaism through play, music, movement, and crafts.
- Family Shabbat Experiences: This Kabbalat Shabbat program is perfect for families of all ages. We meet earlier than our traditional Friday night service several times throughout the year to welcome Shabbat with dinner, songs, and fun. BYO Shabbat dinner before services begin and spend time with friends.
- High Holidays Children’s Programs: Our children’s programs on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur get rave reviews every year. Students up to age 12 enjoy age-appropriate activities including stories, prayer, music, holiday-themed crafts, snacks, and games as they celebrate the High Holidays with peers. There are holiday services for families with young children and services for older children as well. Our “drop-off” program begins at age 3½. Parents can participate in our beautiful and inspiring High Holiday services (with our spectacular music) while their children have fun while also experiencing the High Holidays. Families with children under 3½ are welcome to join our children’s programs, but we do request that one adult remain in the room.
- Holiday Celebrations: We host thriving holiday parties and programs throughout the year. Each event is thoughtfully comprised of enrichment activities and entertainment centered on the traditions and customary foods of each holiday. Come celebrate with our diverse and warm community!.
- Parent Activities: We have social activities such as Parents Night Out, happy hours, planning get-togethers, and more.
- Seasonal Activities: In the summer we gather together for picnics, BBQs, Backyard Shabbat and more; in the winter, we enjoy indoor parties, potluck dinners, movie nights, and other fun events and celebrations.
There’s always something going on at TBE!
For more information, contact Jami Fener, LCSW at email@example.com or call (203) 322-6901.
Related Forms & Documents