Beth El Cares
Who occupy themselves with the needs of the community is as though they occupy themselves with Torah – Talmud Yerushalmi, Berakhot
Beth El Cares focuses on chesed and tzedakah by helping the poor and unfortunate through mitzvot, both in our synagogue and the greater Stamford community. We welcome volunteers! This is the work we are currently engaged in:
- Reyut (Friendship): Committed to serving the needs of those in our TBE community, including friendly visits, assistance with errands and transportation. Contact Melanie Massell at email@example.com or (203) 324-7190.
- Project Ezra: Providing pre-shiva meals to the bereaved in the congregation. Contact Joy Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 329-3359.
- Manna Meals: Providing meals to families in our community with a new baby. Contact Deidre Goldberg at email@example.com.
- Lunches at a local soup kitchen: Contact Norman Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 866-2273.
- High Holiday and Passover food drives: Contact Ken Temple at email@example.com or (203) 962-1491.
- Christmas dinners at local homeless shelters: Contact Amy Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 496-1309.
If you have your own idea for a Beth El Cares project, please contact Ken Temple at email@example.com or call (203) 962-1491.