Beth El Cares
Who occupy themselves with the needs of the community is as though they occupy themselves with Torah – Talmud Yerushalmi, Berakhot
Beth El Cares focuses on chesed and tzedakah by helping the poor and unfortunate through mitzvot, both in our synagogue and the greater Stamford community. We welcome volunteers! This is the work we are currently engaged in. If you are interested in volunteering in any of these endeavors, please contact the person listed.
- Reyut (Friendship): Committed to serving the needs of those in our TBE community, including friendly visits, assistance with errands and transportation, Shabbat bag delivery to hospitalized patients. Contact Melanie Massell at email@example.com or (203) 324-7190.
- Project Ezra: Providing pre-shiva meals to the bereaved in the congregation. Contact Joy Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 329-3359.
- Serving the homeless: Helping prepare and serve food — you can do either or both — to the homeless at New Convenant Center in Stamford on the fifth Thursday of each month. Times are 2:30-4:15 pm and 4:15-5:30 pm. Contact Amy Temple at email@example.com or (203) 496-1309.
- High Holiday food drive: Contact Sharon Turshen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passover food drive: Contact Mindy Rogoff at email@example.com.
- Christmas dinners at local homeless shelters: Contact Amy Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 496-1309.
If you have your own idea for a Beth El Cares project, please contact Steve Lander at email@example.com or call (203) 322-6901.