Over 225 members strong, Sisterhood of Temple Beth El is committed to providing services and funds to benefit the TBE community through religious, social and educational events of interest to the women of TBE and friends. Any female congregant can join Sisterhood, and there is a small membership fee of $36 which goes toward funding activities.
Here is a sampling of some of the wonderful events Sisterhood supports:
- High Holiday and Passover food sales
- Break-fast at the conclusion of Yom Kippur
- Sisterhood Shabbat
- Mah Jongg tournament
- A Hope in Motion team at Stamford Hospital’s annual Walk, Run & Ride to support the Bennett Cancer Center
To view all of Sisterhood’s upcoming programs, please see the TBE calendar.
Sisterhood also manages TBE’s Judaica gift shop and makes an annual gift to the synagogue, as well as other contributions throughout the year. These have included new chairs for Friday night services, kitchen repairs, college student Hanukkah gifts.
If you would like to get involved, or have a idea or comment, please contact email@example.com or call a Sisterhood board member. We hope to see you at all our events.
- Karen Resnick, president, at (203) 536-3115
- Judy Schneiderman, treasurer, at (203) 569-4969
- Dora Salm, secretary, at (203) 461-8596
- Paula Shulman, board member, at (203) 536-4003
- Juli Harris, board member, at (203) 276-0589
- Naomi Sobel Marks, board member, at (203) 273-4650