TBE COVID-19 Guidelines for In-Person, Onsite Activities
The following guidelines are now in place for all Temple Beth El onsite activities, both indoors and outdoors, and apply to all adults and children ages two and older. Additional guidelines and restrictions may also apply to individual events. (For example, to see the special rules governing in-person services at this year’s High Holy Days, please refer to the information sheet found with your tickets.)
Your adherence to these guidelines is necessary to create the safest possible environment based on the latest medical advice and recommended protocols issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local authorities. As federal, state and local protocols are updated, the TBE Reopening Task Force will work to modify our guidelines accordingly and notify the congregation.
We will also try to offer virtual alternatives when possible through Zoom and livestream for members of the congregation who remain at risk or uncomfortable attending activities in person.
Anyone who fails to comply with these guidelines will be asked to leave the TBE premises immediately.
- A mask covering both nose and mouth must be worn at all times inside the TBE building. For outdoor activities, masks are required if you are unvaccinated; optional, but recommended, if you are fully vaccinated.
- Physical distancing of at least 3 feet must be maintained both indoors and outdoors, except for those individuals attending from the same family or social pod.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and its use is encouraged when entering and leaving the building.
- During events with singing, you may sing, but at no higher a level than if you were speaking softly to the person next to you.
- Stay home if you have underlying conditions or an immuno-compromised system. Also stay home if you or anyone in your family is experiencing COVID-like symptoms or has been exposed to someone with COVID. If in doubt, consult with your doctor.
- The following procedures will apply to lavatory use:
- No more than two people at any point in time may use the lavatory.
- Wait outside at least 3 feet from nearest person.
- Do not use facilities clearly marked as unavailable.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before leaving the lavatory.