TBE’s Sisterhood and Men’s Club are excited to sponsor a new adult education program starting this fall called Chai Mitzvah, a unique experiential Jewish journey that blends monthly group study with personal choices of Jewish engagement.
The Chai Mitzvah program is an opportunity to deepen your connections with Jewish life and the community on your own terms.
There are five commitments each participant makes to the program:
- Monthly group study. Beginning in October, you’ll participate in nine once-a-month sessions using a specially designed curriculum that focuses on real life, relevant issues. Topics include: adult rites of passage, interpersonal relationships, mindfulness and conscious living, Israel and the Jewish spirit. Both traditional and contemporary Jewish sources will be explored.
- Self-study. You’ll choose an independent study topic for the year, something regarding Judaism that you’ve always wanted to know more about — culture, history, language, literature … anything.
- Spirituality. You’ll select a new or deepened Jewish practice or ritual to add to your life spiritually. Maybe it’s blessing your children and lighting Shabbat candles on Friday night, attending services more frequently, meditation or simply learning some new prayers.
- Social Action. You’ll pick some way of giving back to the world by finding a social action / social justice project to which you’ll devote some time. Big or small, it just has to be meaningful to you.
- Celebrate! At the end of the nine months, you’ll receive a certificate of completion, and we’ll find a fun way to acknowledge your Chai Mitzvah commitments and accomplishments.
The cost for the program is $25 per person which includes all study materials.
Space is limited so register now at tinyurl.com/tbecm16. Once we form our Chai Mitzvah group, we’ll decide on the best day of the week and time to hold the monthly study sessions.
For questions, please contact Steve Lander at email@example.com or call (203) 322-6901, ext. 304.
The Chai Mitzvah program is a product of Chai Mitzvah, a nonprofit, unaffiliated 501(c)3 corporation whose mission is to increase engagement throughout the Jewish community.