It’s time again to organize Christmas Eve meals at three of the shelters in Stamford.
- New Covenant House — We will help prepare, cook and serve lunch. Preparation is 10:15 am – 12:15 pm. Serving is 12:30 – 1:30 pm. We will provide extras like drinks, rolls and desserts. A choir will sing festive songs from 12:15 – 1:30 pm. We will provide hats, winter socks, scarves or gloves for 75-135 people (mostly men, approximately 10 women and possibly a handful of children). We will also bring slightly used clothing for the guests to take. Last year it was a huge hit and everything went in about 5 minutes. Participants at New Covenant House must be at least 13 years old.
- Franklin Street Inspirica — We will provide a festive holiday meal for about 35-45 people. A choir will sing holiday songs while they eat. Food will need to be donated/cooked ahead of time. Dinner served 6 – 7 pm. Gifts will be provided for the residents (make-up bags for the women and teens, toys for the children and gifts for the few men).
- Pacific House — We will provide a festive holiday meal for about 70-90 men. A choir will sing holiday songs while they eat. Food will need to be donated/cooked ahead of time. Dinner served 6 – 7 pm. Gifts of hats, gloves or scarves will be provided for the residents.
There are several possible ways to help:
- Donate make-up items for the moms at the Franklin Street shelter
- Donate food/paper goods
- Donate gloves/hats/scarves/winter socks for the men’s shelter at Pacific House and for New Covenant House
- Serve and clean up lunch/dinner on December 24 at one of the three shelters
- Sing with a chorus of other TBE members on December 24 at one of the three shelters
- Donate money to be used to buy either gifts for the residents (socks, gloves, scarves, hats, make-up) or food for the meals
If you are providing food, paper goods or gifts, please click here to indicate what you are donating.
If you wish to donate money, please make the check out to TBE, note in the memo it is for the Christmas Eve Shelter event, and give it to Steve Lander. Also e-mail Amy Temple to let her know.
In total we expect to serve dinner to around 250-270 people that night so our needs are great for food, gifts and paper goods.
Non-perishables can be dropped off at TBE prior to December 24. If before the 24th, leave with Steve Lander.
Perishables for New Covenant should be dropped off at the TBE lobby between 8 – 9 am on Monday December 24. Perishables for Pacific House and Franklin Street should be dropped off at the TBE lobby between 1 – 2 pm on Monday December 24.
After the shelter dinners, we will go out for dinner at Ocha, so please let Amy know if you want to join the dinner. Dinner checks will be done by family rather than splitting a huge bill. It is a nice time to socialize with other TBE members.
ANY DONATION WILL BE APPRECIATED!
Reply to Amy and let her know if you want to volunteer on Dec 24 and how many in your group there will be. Also, if there are children below age 18, please let her know their ages so she can place your group at the most appropriate site.
This event is a huge undertaking and would not be possible without your generous participation.